I recently read a John Piper article about why pastors should blog. He included the suggestion that pastors use their blogs to make recommendations to their readers/congregants. So here you go.
It is hard in our time not to pay attention to movies. There are so many interesting films out there. But I have more than once recently found myself in a conversation with parents who have been unpleasantly surprised by the content of movies they have gone to see or rented to watch with their children.
For several years now I have used a service online that is extremely comprehensive in its reviews of movies and has prevented us from showing our kids things that they are not ready for--or that we are not ready for! It is found at www.screenit.com. It costs $25 per year, and it is maybe the best investment I make each year (along with www.safeeyes.com).
Their archive is very thorough, going well back into the '90s, and they review new movies usually the day they release. (Movies before the '90s are what some folks have told me they struggle with; they go to show their kids an old favorite, only to discover it is laced with stuff they had since forgotten was there. I'm still looking for a solution for those films.)
I hope you find this to be a useful tool for you and your family.
God Keeps Leading
12 years ago
3 comments:
Christianspotlight.net offers the same in movie reviews, and it is free. I like it 'cause you can be a reviewer or a movie commentator yourself(which is fun). Check it out!
We use: www.pluggedinonline.com
It is affiliated with Focus on the Family and FREE!!!
It is very thorough, including violence, sexual content (including shirts off etc.),lanugage as well as good or bad spiritual content.
It's in our favorites and we check it before renting or going to the movies.
Great help here, Elizabeth and Jackie. Thanks!
Post a Comment