A conversation among those who have been joined in fellowship under Christ, and look to stay there through this give-and-take.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
'More Virgin Mary, Less Virgin Islands'
No presumption of judgment here, please, for we have sent such missives ourselves, but you must read (or listen to) James Martin on Christmas cards from NPR today. I know it's too late this year, but I think he's on to something for '09 and beyond.
If you're here it is probably because you have run across me in church, at a Links Fellowship, on retreat with my wife, at the golf course with my friends or the team that I coach, or watching a baseball game at most any level. Lots of ways to get to know me, lots of ways for me to learn from you.
Crazy Love, by Francis Chan. Reading it again with Laura and the boys this time. Maybe a chapter a week.
The Gift of Prophecy in the New Testament and Today, by Wayne Grudem. About time I get back to this intriguing discussion by one of the more highly regarded modern theologians.
No comments:
Post a Comment