Sunday, December 14, 2008

Message Boy

Maybe I'm just meant to be a message boy this week, but I thought those of you who were with us Saturday night might want to read some more good stuff on the quest for quiet, and Mark Driscoll currently has a nice piece called "Silence" on his blog.

And if you weren't with us and want to read Saturday's message, "It Is Good to Be Ready for Christmas," you'll find it as a Word file on the TFH site (lower section of the calendar).

And while I'm delivering messages, I failed to mention on Saturday night that my son Josh and I were wanting to declare next Sunday night Tie Night for the guys. If you're up for it, wear a suave, clashy, or in-season tie next Sunday. Since the ladies usually outdo us at this affair, we'd do well to show them that we've got it (or still got it!).

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'll let Brandon and Chuckie know, won't make any promises there. But I think I'll let Steve pass...he kinda needs to breathe! LOL! But maybe I can find a spiffy bandanna!

Kim Becker said...

You're too funny, Rhonda. I'm so glad God has blessed you with a sense of humor through all this.

Rhonda said...

Ok Jeff...I passed the message on. Brandon was speechless. Not sure if that was a good thing. Jason said "I don't even own a tie and would have no idea what to do with one, but ok", and Chuckie said his has to be pink with penguins. Any idea where I can find that?

I will make sure those boys are "tied"!

Jeff said...

Rhonda: What a mom! :)