This was one of those weeks. As I was preparing the message for Saturday night, I was personally overwhelmed by what was finding its way onto the page. God was speaking through His Word, weaving its pieces together, and hitting the target of our present lives and cultural situations.
Hence, I was more than eager to teach on Saturday night. All Friday and Saturday, I was sort of going around just saying, "Wow!" to myself. "God is so big. God is so cool. This is stuff that we really, really need."
More than that, I had listened to another teacher's message, which emphasized that the Spirit's work always proceeds from the delivery of truth. So I had great hope for this message, that it would work God's wonders in its hearers, as it had been doing in me.
When it all wrapped up, my thinking was confirmed by the several people who approached me afterward. They did indeed come from the perspective of fear and needed the Godward fear we studied.
But it was "one of those weeks" in this other way: a lot of people didn't make it on Saturday night. I'm sorry about that, but I want you to know that you can read the message as a Word file on our TFH home page. Look in the lower right corner, inside the calendar bar.
Let's keep turning our fears over to God, every little one of them and every big one of them. He is far bigger than them all, far more capable than we can imagine.
God Keeps Leading
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment